Today’s outfit is not edgy or exciting, and I didn’t originally plan on taking photos of this casual work outfit when I got dressed that morning. Pairing a maxidress and a cardigan is almost like a work version of pajamas for me — sooooooo comfy and easy.
So why take photos at all? I realized at the end of the day it might be a useful example of demonstrating how much accessories can add interest to an outfit. If you look at the photos above and below, the accessories that add interest are:
- at the top, a silk headband in a colorful fern pattern and light pink bead earrings;
- in the middle, a striped tote bag; and
- at the bottom, strappy metallic sandals in a criss-cross pattern.
The different patterns of my headband and tote bag don’t match, of course, but they do “go” together color-wise, as they tie into the berry-colored cardigan.
The backdrop is a mural at a local community park. The animal heads atop the human-shaped bodies are a little freaky, but I thought the purple tones played nicely with the colors of my outfit.
Where: Work day
- Maxidress: Fred Meyer, old
- Cardigan: August Silk via Macy’s, old
- Sandals: Naturalizer via DSW, old
- Headband: Local boutique in Chicago, old
- Bead earrings: Made by a friend in Wisconsin, old
- Tote bag: Fossil via DSW, gifted by a friend this past spring
Please note that I get commission for clicks made through affiliate links in this post. This goes toward covering my website and file storage fees, so thank you for helping support this blog!
How do you like to add interest to your outfits? Through colorful prints or color-blocking? Through jewelry? Shoes? Other accessories? Please leave a comment and share!
Linkups: Hello Monday, Visible Monday, #iwillwearwhatilike, Shoe and Tell, Confident Twosdays, Turning Heads, Style With a Smile, Who’s Wearing What Wednesdays, Trendy Wednesday, What I Wore Wednesday, I Feel Pretty Wednesdays, Weekly Wednesday Fashion Linkup, Whatcha Wearing Wednesday, Top of the World, Thursdays Fashion Files, Thursday Moda, Fashion Friday, Passion for Fashion, Fun Fashion Friday, Fabulous Friday, Fancy Friday, Fine-Whatever Linkup, Weekend Wear Link Up, #SaturdayShareLinkUp