Two quick reminders:
- The poll is still open to vote for your favorite outfit of March. Thanks in advance!
- To celebrate my 5th blog anniversary, I’m personally hosting a giveaway for 5 lucky winners. There’s still time to enter the giveaway, so visit this post for all the details on how to enter.
I have worn my new navy- and pink-striped tee a few times already, but it hasn’t yet made it to the blog… until now! The pink and navy color combo feels so fresh for spring, and we’re finally seeing some blooms around here. Of course, it’s still off-and-on rainy (more “on” than “off”), so the rain boots are still a necessity.
I wore this on the weekend running errands, and it’s a good casual example of my personal style:
- Comfy = Yep! Skinny jeans and a tee are always comfortable in my book
- Classic = You can’t get more classic than a striped tee and a trench coat!
- Touch of whimsy = The bits of whimsy for me come down to the pops of pink, especially in the unexpected pink trim on the rain boots, and in the daisy floral trim in the trench coat.
We took a break while running errands around town to enjoy a stroll around Wright Park, which is one of the oldest, and loveliest, parks in the city. They have trees of all different kinds, and placards on each so I always learn something new each time we visit. And OF COURSE I got excited when we came across an old cherry blossom tree, this one blooming with buds of white.
And at the end of our quick photo shoot, Sam spied a brightly painted rock around one of the trees. It turns out there’s a community art project called “Tacoma Rocks,” in which locals paint rocks and place them all around the city. Why? In order to spread happiness. The founder of the Tacoma Rocks group stated in a local interview that, “We spread smiles one rock at a time.” How awesome is that?!
The rock that Sam found spreads a great message, that “Different is cool!” ♥ ♥ ♥ I had to share this sweet story and awesome message!
Weather: Off and on rain and sunshine with a chilly breeze
Where: Errand-running on the weekend
- Striped tee: J.Crew Factory, new (available in different colors)
- Trench coat: Jason Wu for Target, old
- Skinny jeans: Target, old
- Rain boots: Hunter, old
- Silver circle earrings: Local boutique in Tacoma, Christmas gift from my husband
Shop my outfit
Linkups: Hello Monday, Visible Monday, #iwillwearwhatilike, Shoe and Tell, Confident Twosdays, Turning Heads, Style With a Smile, Who’s Wearing What Wednesdays, Trendy Wednesday, What I Wore Wednesday, I Feel Pretty Wednesdays, Weekly Wednesday Fashion Linkup, Whatcha Wearing Wednesday, Top of the World, Thursdays Fashion Files, Thursday Moda, Celebrating Style, Fashion Friday, Passion for Fashion, Fun Fashion Friday, Charming Friday, Friday Favorites, Fancy Friday, Flashback Fashion Friday, Fine-Whatever Linkup, Weekend Wear Link Up, #SaturdayShareLinkUp