It’s time to see what my monthly clothing budget adventures were for this month! This month was mostly about replacing items, and here’s a sneak peek at what I got this month:
Links to exact items: striped fit-and-flare dress // black gingham button-front shirt // raspberry gingham burton-front shirt // black tote bag // metallic pewter flats // black sneakers // brown sneakers // tan sneakers
I have been working on identifying well-worn items in my closet that need replacing. That has included almost all of my Skechers sneakers, which lasted me for over a decade. Time to stock back up! We happened to find all three colors I needed — brown, black, and tan — in stock in my size at a local Famous Footwear store.
- Tan sneakers, Skechers via Famous Footwear: paid $54.99 (original price $64.99)
- Brown sneakers, Skechers via Famous Footwear: paid $40 (original price $64.99)
- Black sneakers, Skechers via Famous Footwear: paid $54.99 (original price $64.99)
I also have noted that my beloved grey metallic flats have cracked in the back and sunken down, and they’re not as comfortable to wear anymore for long stretches of time. Bummer. These beauties lasted me over six years! I happened to find these metallic pewter flats on the sale rack at the same Famous Footwear we were scouting out Skechers. Score!
- Metallic pewter flats, LifeStride via Famous Footwear: paid $17 (original price $59.99)
Replacing my black tote bag
My trusty black-and-grey tote bag, which I’ve used at least weekly for 5+ years now, is also starting to crack around the handles. Y’all have seen this bag many, many times (here and here, for example), so I’ve been scouting out a possible replacement for over a month. My requirements for a replacement included:
- a tote bag shape — my preferred kind of work bag
- handles big enough to fit over my shoulders
- a zipper along the top so as to prevent rain from getting in — a PNW reality
Then I spied this tote bag at Target, and bingo! I love the structured shape, classic design, and what looks to be sturdy handles. 🙂
- Black structured tote bag, Target: paid $37.99 (original price, $39.99, 5% off using Target card)
Lands’ End gift card
I also have had a few Lands’ End gift cards, so I have been browsing the Lands’ End site for a couple of months now. When this past weekend saw a 30% off sale PLUS major savings on the gingham button-front shirts I’ve been wanting to stock up on, I finally placed an order. I paid less than $2 for the following 3 items!
And yes, that’s another striped dress in my favorite fit-and-flare shape. This marks the THIRD fit-and-flare dress I’ve picked up from Lands’ End. They’re SO comfortable and flattering, and they are great to pack when traveling. See here and here for the other two Lands’ End fit-and-flare dresses I’ve bought.
- Black gingham button-front shirt, Lands’ End: paid $0 (original price $69, on sale for $24.97, additional 30% off promotion, used gift card)
- Striped fit-and-flare dress, Lands’ End: paid $1.24 (original price $59, 30% off promotion, used gift card)
- Raspberry gingham button-front shirt, Lands’ End: paid $0 (original price $69, on sale for $24.97, additional 30% off promotion, used gift card)
Total spent for this month: $206.21
Total savings for this month: $285.74
Total spent for this year: $400.98
Total savings for this year: $350.24
I’ve definitely spent a chunk of change this month, with most of that spent on my sneakers! I’m okay with that, considering that my previous Skechers sneakers lasted me over a decade. I saved the most at Lands’ End, paying less than $2 for items originally priced at over $195.
Linking up with Fran’s Budgeting Bloggers.