One last call to vote for your favorite outfit of October — thanks in advance! 🙂
I didn’t initially plan on documenting this outfit for the blog, but after we found ourselves enjoying a light dinner after work in the Stadium District, Sam was open to taking pics. What I’m wearing today is like a combination of this casual outfit (navy striped tee + green infinity scarf) with this casual work outfit (navy striped tee + cargo vest + brown boots). The fall layers served me well on this drizzly fall day.
A few notes about today’s work outfit:
- I didn’t wear the scarf or the cloche during the work day (both were just for outerwear purposes)
- I didn’t get a closeup of my flesh-colored tights, which are ribbed and thicker than regular hose. The pattern and texture of these tights are more noticeable in real life.
- Those creases in my pencil skirt? A result of working all day — and extra proof that I do actually wear the outfits I show on the blog. I usually take pics at the beginning of the day, so as to avoid showing these kinds of creases, but it’s kind of nice to see them here — and a reminder of why I document my personal style journey!
After dinner and a drink (I had a Maker’s Mark old-fashioned) at Doyle’s Pub after a particularly good work day, we walked across the parking lot to browse through one of Tacoma’s best local bookshops, King’s Books. As the mural states, it’s “almost a city block of books,” a cheeky reference to Powell’s Books in Portland (which actually is a city block of books). King’s Books also has two resident cats! 😀
Weather: Drizzly and overcast fall day, temps in the 50s
Where: Work day with teaching + meetings
- Striped tee: H&M, old
- Cargo vest: Fashion-swapped with Erin @ Loop Looks, old
- Pencil skirt: Bealls?, old
- Infinity scarf: Anne of Green Gables pattern, StoriArts, gift from husband last fall
- Cloche: LOFT, over a decade old
- Tall boots: Nine West, old
- Belt: ?, old
- Colorblock tote: Christian Siriano for Payless, old
similar striped tee (also available in navy) // similar olive cargo vest // similar pencil skirt (also available in tan) // very similar infinity scarf from same brand // similar tall high-heeled boots (also available in brown) // similar cloche with flower detail
Linkups: Hello Monday, Monday Mingle, Visible Monday, #iwillwearwhatilike, Shoe and Tell, Confident Twosdays, Turning Heads, A Good HUES-Day, Who’s Wearing What Wednesdays, Trendy Wednesday, What I Wore Wednesday, Throwback Thursday, Top of the World, What I Wore to Work/Summer Style, Thursdays Fashion Files, Thursday Moda, On the Edge of the Week, Fashion Friday, Passion for Fashion, Fun Fashion Friday, Charming Friday,Friday Favorites