My monthly budget post will go live this Thursday, but I also wanted to highlight a recent thrifting shopping trip. I still had money left on my gift certificate to Here We Go Again — I’ve mentioned them often on my blog as one of my favorite local resale shops. The gift certificate was a Christmas gift from my mom — thanks, Mom! Earlier this month, I showcased an awesome teal houndstooth overcoat with a faux fur collar that I snagged at HWGA. A couple of weekends ago, my husband and I went back for another shopping excursion at HWGA, especially as they were having a sale to celebrate the birthday of the store’s owner.
And this time while shopping, I remembered to take pics of items I tried on! 🙂
Here are some items I tried on that didn’t make the cut:
From left to right:
- This brown sweater vest was super cute, and it has a ribbed bottom half. When I put it on, though, it was just too small and too short on me.
- This floral dress with an overlay of black lace was GORGEOUS on the hanger and so interesting to look at that I just wanted to try it on and look at it up close. But this was just not the dress for my body shape. The waist was too long for me, and the longer hem of the black lace looked odd, like it was distorting my body shape. A beautiful and unusual dress for someone else!
- I loved the navy-and-green color scheme of this tunic and the geometric placket and striped hem. But it looked TERRIBLE on me. The bottom hem was too tight and the middle oddly too loose. This was definitely a case of, “It’s NOT me, it’s YOU.”
- I really loved the deep pink color of this wrap dress, which was also made by a local designer. The shape and length of the dress was also flattering on me. However, the sleeves were a bit too tight, and the fabric was very thin, showing every lump (rather than skimming over them). So back it went. Sigh.
And here are the two items that did make the cut!
From left to right:
- I have found a sequined tank to be quite versatile for evenings out. This sequined tank was on the $6 clearance rack — yes, $6! — and super soft. My other sequined tank, last seen here, is awesome, but it does get a bit itchy after awhile because of all the threads on the underside of the tank. This tank top has an extra thin layer under the top sequined layer, so it’s very comfortable to wear. I also like the longer length and the lighter and dark grey stripes of sequins.
- Sam spotted this awesome burgundy coat on a mannequin at the front of the store. Yes, that’s right, I got ANOTHER awesome coat!
This makes the fourth time Sam has found a coat for me at HWGA. Here’s a round-up of those thrifted coats:
And yes, I again wore this newly thrifted coat out of the store!! I’ll be back tomorrow with more pics of my newly thrifted coat and what I wore to go shopping.
Linkups: Hello Monday, Monday Mingle, Sophisticated Style, Visible Monday, #iwillwearwhatilike, A Lovely Little a La Mode, Shoe and Tell, Confident Twosdays, Turning Heads, Who’s Wearing What Wednesdays, Trendy Wednesday, What I Wore Wednesday, Throwback Thursday, Top of the World, What I Wore to Work/Summer Style, Thursdays Fashion Files, Fashion Friday, Passion for Fashion, Fun Fashion Friday, Charming Friday, Friday Favorites