Feeling good in a cardigan + pencil skirt

When I am feeling really low (an all-too-often occurrence this term, which has been really challenging on so many levels), I sometimes counteract that by dressing up, just to please myself. And it almost always works to bring me out of my funk. When I feel that I look good on the outside, then I actually start feeling good on the inside.

Librarian for Life + Style | Feeling good in a cardigan + pencil skirt

Librarian for Life + Style | Feeling good in a cardigan + pencil skirt

Details:  Cardigan, August Silk {exact in different colors}  //  Animal print pencil skirt, Target, thrifted {pencil skirt in blue animal print}  //  Patent leather peep-toe wedges, Payless {very similar}  //  Pearl cluster necklace, ModCloth, new gift from husband {similar}  //  Gold quotation earrings, ModCloth, new gift from husband {exact}

Such a simple outfit, right? A cardigan buttoned all the way up and a pencil skirt. The impact here is the interesting pattern of the skirt — a deconstructed kind of animal print — as well as the accessories. And these accessories are new! Part of a surprise pick-me-up from my husband. So sweet!

Librarian for Life + Style | New jewelry from ModCloth

Librarian for Life + Style | Pearl necklace outtake

Librarian for Life + Style | Feeling good in a cardigan + pencil skirt

And gotta admit, I felt GREAT wearing this outfit. Part of feeling good wearing this outfit also goes to comfort level, as everything here fits me well and shows my shape but is also comfortable to wear.

I did ask myself when I put on this pencil skirt, last seen here, is why I haven’t worn it more often. But I’m glad I rediscovered this pencil skirt, because it fits really well, it’s a classic shape, and it’s in a sassy print.

Librarian for Life + Style | Feeling good in a cardigan + pencil skirt

And last but not least, the two animal prints I was sporting that day, when you count the lining of my tan coat! Also, I’m wearing wedges with a tortoiseshell pattern… does that also count as animal print? 😉

Librarian for Life + Style | Feeling good in a cardigan + pencil skirt

Do you ever dress up a little to get yourself out of a funk? Please leave a comment and let me know!

Linking up with these lovely ladies.

Advertisements

19 thoughts on “Feeling good in a cardigan + pencil skirt

1. Erin @ Loop Looks

I’m sorry that your semester has been rough. Just a few more weeks, right?? I agree that dressing up when you’re in a funk can help. When you look good you feel good. Isn’t that how the saying goes?

Also, the purple cardigan with this skirt is perfection.

1. Jen @ Librarian for Life and Style Post author

Yep, that’s how the saying goes! I realized the last time I wore this animal print skirt, I wore purple with it. There are bits of navy and orange in the print, so I’m not sure why I’m gravitating toward purple… but I like it! 😉

2. Salazar

This outfit is so perfectly “you” – no wonder you feel great in it! And hang in there, the semester is almost over (I tell myself this as well. Man, how these last few weeks drag…)

3. teatimechic

This is such a pretty look! I hope the stressful part of the term settles down. I have a question – I love the cardigan, do you know how the sizing compares to an Ann Taylor Loft cardigan?

1. Jen @ Librarian for Life and Style Post author

I’m not 100% sure about the sizing comparison between Ann Taylor Loft and August Silk cardigans. But I have one Loft Outlet cardigan, and I wear a size Medium in both the Loft Outlet and August Silk cardigans I have. Hope this helps!

4. Kezzie

Oh I’m sorry you’ve been feeling a little low- that’s horrid and I hope it improves! You look really cool here and I am not surprised it made you feel better. That necklace was really pretty too! If I am feeling a bit blue, I often wear silly prints like my ‘Cops and robbers’ dress, train dress, boat dress, clock skirt etc or get dressed up like a character from Doctor Who for school (though not so obviously that they think I’m weird!!!).
    I love your quotation earrings- how funny, I wore punctuation yesterday too (come and see my new shirt from yesterday’s post and share the fun!)
    x

5. Lesley Extance

Dear Jen sorry to hear you been down , its horrid as I well know, but this is such a brilliant outfit to lift the spirits ! You look wonderful sending my best wishes to you and hopefully your job will get a little bit easier ☺

1. Jen @ Librarian for Life and Style Post author

Very nice of you to say, Lesley! I prefer to keep my style blog a place of happiness and positivity, so it’s hard to admit when things get in the way of me focusing on the bright side… but please know your lovely comments help in that regard! 🙂

6. jeffriestyke

You should feel great in this outfit! It is lovely! I love all things leopard print!! I am so glad you stopped by and linked up on Friday! I hope you come back again this week! Susan

7. Jennie

Jen, this is a look after my own heart! I could wear a cardigan and pencil skirt every day and be perfectly content. These colors look beautiful on you, too! I always feel so much better after making myself get dressed – a fake it til you make it thing. Thanks for linking up with Charming Friday – hope to see you back this week!

1. Jen @ Librarian for Life and Style Post author

I can totally see you rocking this combo — especially the animal print! And yes, the “fake it til you make it” — a good reminder that things will always look up, if you have the patience. (A lifelong and never-ending goal!) 🙂

Please leave a comment and share!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s