Last week, I was contacted by the Personal Creations company, who asked me to participate in their “Summer Beach Essentials” project. It was PERFECT timing as my husband and I had just returned from a day trip to the Oregon coast, and on the drive home, we had mentioned putting together a beach kit for the car. That way, we wouldn’t be scrounging around in the morning, asking each other, “Do you have the sunscreen? What else do we need?” We could just get in the car and go! 🙂
So I asked Sam for his ideas on summer beach essentials, which I’ve listed below. Then I put together a collage of items, including a few personalized options from Personal Creations (they also have a special “Fun in the Sun” section on their website).
Here is the list of our personal beach essentials:
- Blanket — I like this option with the carrying strap (another option would be small folding chairs that could stay in the car trunk)
- Towels — one for each, and perhaps a couple extra towels to line your car seats
- Sand brush — so useful!
- Sunscreen — the Alba Botanicals brand is my personal favorite
- Flip flops — or as an alternative, canvas slip-ons
- Small bag, like this makeup bag to hold easily-misplaced essentials like chapstick and keys — choose one with a waterproof lining, as most makeup bags are lined with
- Tote bag — I like this option from Personal Creations, as it’s made from recycled materials, and it’s got reinforced webbing
A tote bag could realistically hold a towel, sand brush, sunscreen, flip flops, and a small bag for essentials. Add another tote bag for more towels, and then, of course, the separate blanket with the carrying strap.
Not essential, but would be a great addition to the wish list, would be a portable beach umbrella. I like the fun print on this one!
So what would your list of summer beach essentials include? Please leave a comment and let me know! 🙂
Link ups: Trend Spin Linkup