With my most recent pairs of ankle pants — these pink-and-burgundy patterned ones from Target and my redyed burgundy ones — I had mentioned that they felt a little short. So I got to work letting out both hems for a couple of low-key sewing projects.
The easiest of the two was my redyed burgundy pair, because all I had to do was take out the little bit of stitching on each side of the cuffs. But I checked first if the dye had evenly distributed on the underside of the cuffs, which it thankfully had. 🙂
When I took out that stitching, I unrolled the cuffs but was left with a bumpy line. Out came the iron and spray bottle!
And that was it! I got about 1.5 inches more out of the pants hem, which you could see on Monday’s post. Here’s a before-and-after look:
For the second pair, my patterned ankle pants from Target, I had noted that I had quite a bit of hem to work with, as seen here. I started out by taking out the hem stitching, which left the serged ends.
I then ironed and pinned down a quarter inch and sewed around the edges with dark pink thread that closely matched the pattern.
I ended up getting about a inch more out of these pants! And the final result:
And another before-and-after:
Link ups: That’s My Style Link Party