Today I’m participating again in The Tiny Heart’s “What to Wear?” link up, and this month’s event/occasion challenge is date night.
First up is my Polyvore inspiration board:
To me, a kimono top is just the right amount of sexy without looking like you’re trying too hard (especially when the top slips down the shoulder a bit). And the dark jeans and silvery shoes and accessories make for a nice contrast of casual and dressy.
And now for a version from my own closet:
When? September 5, 2012
What for? Dinner and drinks last night with my husband at The Secret Society Lounge. I forgot my prescription shades at our apartment (how?!) — it doesn’t get dark until late up here in the summer — so Sam let me borrow his superswank sunglasses. That’s, right, superswank. I’ll say it again: superswank. Ahhh, now I feel better. 😉
- Boot-cut jeans: Gap (a few years ago)
- Kimono top: Xanaka, mall in Abu Dhabi (2009?)
- Silver sandals: Mall in Abu Dhabi (2010?)
- Dangly earrings: Library conference exhibits in Washington DC (2010)
- Clutch: Ummm…. had too long to remember. JCPenney?
- Sunglasses: Target, borrowed from my hubby